Outerspace are recruiting a Practice ManagerMay 2019
Practice Manager Role
Working in the listed Boathouse next to the River Thames in Teddington, Outerspace are looking for a Practice Manager for this friendly Landscape Architectural company www.outerspaceuk.com
This is a part time position of 25-30 hours per week. Duties includes, but not limited to:
- Account management and invoicing (experience using Xero preferable, not essential)
- Managing payment schedule with clients, raising invoices, chasing payments, liaison with Landscape Architects on timelines for billing etc
- Assisting with project co-ordination (experience using workflowmax preferable)
- Assisting with financial forecasting/assessment/reporting of company financials
- General administrative support duties; answering and directing calls etc
- Gatekeeping/diary management for Director
- Client liaison; co-ordination of sub-contractors and consultants
- ISO management including internal and external audits. ISO:9001 accreditation
- Liaison with accountants regarding Payroll – maintenance of payroll records (PayDashboard)
- Content management of company website, and social media
- HR management; keeping and maintaining of personnel records; holiday diary management
- Liaison with our IT support company (Progress Communications)
- CAD licensing management (AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Working with the Boathouse administrator to ensure smooth running of the Boathouse
- A friendly team player and hard working person
- Experience in work programming and forecasting
- Previous experience with admin role ideally including HR/invoicing/practice management
- Experience of Microsoft suite
Other skills if available:
- Interested in the creative industries and the built environment
- InDesign knowledge or Adobe Creative Suite
In return, we offer a fantastic inclusive place to work with active social events, lunchtime clubs such as yoga, sketching, running and table tennis. We also have a generous pension scheme.
Salary is based upon experience and weekly hours.
Please send in your C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com in the first instance. If you have any queries please call our Managing Director Richard Broome 07866 740721
Ignacio celebrating 1 year at OuterspaceApril 2019
Ignacio has been with Outerspace for one year now. Working on many of our projects, including Greenwich Square, using Revit, and sitting on our CPD group to make sure Outerspace has continuous and interesting CPD’s. We look forward to the next year!
We are recruitingMarch 2019
We are looking for Landscape Architects and Senior Landscape Architects to join our busy and friendly practice here in Teddington.
Are you highly creative and technically minded?
Outerspace is looking for a Landscape Architect, ideally with a minimum of 2 years experience. You must be creative, enthusiastic and a team player to compliment our exciting range of residential, schools and public realm civic projects.
Good hand drawing skills is essential, together with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketch Up and In Design.
Senior Landscape Architect
Outerspace is looking for a Senior Landscape Architect, ideally CMLI. You must be a creative, designer whilst having experience in both the technical delivery and management of projects.
Your personality is important to us too, and you must be enthusiastic and forward thinking whilst being a compassionate team player to compliment our talented and friendly company.
Good hand drawing skills are essential, together with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketch Up and In Design, to assist us in our exciting range of sectors, including residential, education, commercial and public realm civic projects. An understanding of BIM is preferable but not essential.
We work with other design companies at the Boathouse Design Studio, a Grade 2 Listed Building on the riverside in Teddington. The office is located between Kingston and Richmond, a 30 minute train journey from London Waterloo.
Whilst working in a stunning location where we strive to get a balance between work and play, Outerspace is an accredited ‘Investors in People’ company and the professional development of staff is incredibly important to us.
If you are interested please send your CV (less than 10MB) with examples of work to our practice Manager Melanie Winter via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like an informal chat please call our Managing Director Richard Broome on 07866 740721 and he’d gladly answer any queries you have.
International Women’s DayMarch 2019
Celebrating International Women’s day here at the Boathouse. In this picture, shared with MAA Architects and The Boathouse staff we have Polish, Spanish, Italian, German and Chilean nationalities.
Parkside, LewishamMarch 2019
Outerpace has made a video of the planned park running through the latest phase of the Parkside development in Lewisham. The new houses will overlook this park, providing a hub and plenty of outdoor space for all to enjoy. Thanks to I-Echo for visualising our scheme. Please click on the link to watch the video
Parkside DemolitionFebruary 2019
Demolition is getting underway for the final phases at Parkside Lewisham, to make way for the new housing and park which Outerspace have designed with @bptw architects and @Peabody. A video of how the new park will look, will be posted in the next week or so.